Get your drone license

Fly carefree and legally with drones in the EU. Obtain your A2 drone license. It is mandatory from 250 grams.

Follow the online training that prepares you for the exam. The EU Drone License consists of two certificates: the Basic certificate A1-A3 and the Additional certificate A2. You first pass A1-A3. You need A2 if you want to fly in a built-up environment with a drone between 500 grams and 2 kilos.

After having passed the exam you are able to digitally apply for your certificate at the RDW in the Netherlands.

  • A2 for only 99 euros incl. VAT
  • Online course and exam together
  • Free unlimited resits
  • Free reference book
  • 95% success rate
  • Excellent customer service
Orde the EU drone license


EU Drone License

Not required for drones that are lighter than 250 grams. Only if you are interested or considering to buy a heavier drone.


EU Drone License (A1-A3)

For every drone pilot who flies drones from 250 grams (up to max. 25 kilos) and wants to operate in the open category.

Get this certificate...


EU Drone License (A1-A3 / A2)

For every drone pilot who flies drones from 500 grams in built-up areas (up to max. 2 kilos) in the open category.

Get all certificates...

Pilot registration

In your country

Mandatory for drones with a camera on board or from 250 grams. Register as a private person or company via the NAA.

Many different countries

After the exam and your application for the drone license, you can fly in the EU, Switzerland, Iceland and Norway.

A2 for the best price

The A2 drone license course costs 99 euros (including VAT). This includes the A2 exam of course.

Frequently asked questions

  • What does the exam look like?

    The Basic certificate A1-A3 exam consists of 40 multiple-choice questions with a 60 minutes time limit. For the Additional certificate A2 (proctored) exam, you complete 30 multiple-choice questions in 30 minutes. You take the exam online.

  • Is it possible to retake the exam?

    As soon as you start the training, the subscription period of 30 days starts. Within this subscription period, it is possible to retake the exam indefinitely for free. This applies to both certificates.

  • Where do I apply for my EU Drone License afterwards?

    After successfully completing your exam, you can apply for the EU Drone License yourself at the RDW. They will arrange the issue for you.

  • Do I still have to register as a drone pilot?

    Yes, this is mandatory for drones of 250 grams and over or lighter drones with a camera. You register with the RDW. You pay a one-time fee of €23, after which you pay €13 annually.

  • Is general liability insurance mandatory for my aircraft?

    We definitely recommend that you insure your drone. However, it is only mandatory for devices from 20 kilos.

Experts in drone training

Drone Class is a specialised training company in the drone industry. A recognised and experienced trainer for drone pilots. Drone Class offers training courses for companies, municipalities, schools and private individuals. From the experience in developing education and training and the passion for flying drones, the perfect mix has been found for professional and accessible training. Drone Class combines expert knowledge with the art of teaching.

More about us